Are you the one who listens to music only on gadgets or do you like to watch live performances? Music is not something that comes out of a smartphone, cloud, MP3 or a search engine. It is people who make music committing their time, energy, dedication and passion. This commitment can be felt only if you see the live performance rather than listening to music on a gadget. It’s only then you will appreciate the hard work that goes into making a small piece of music.
Delhites are known for their love for food and if it is accompanied by a live musical performance what else can they ask for. Music brings that soothing feeling and if it’s a live performance it just seeps into the heart. The national capital boasts of many live music bars where one can enjoy music in a perfect ambience having yummy food and drinks.
Here is a list of 6 live music bars in the national capital that promise you the perfect evening.
- Lord of the Drinks: Situated in the heart of Delhi, CP (Connaught Place), this place is recommended for anyone who wants to get the hang of Delhi’s clubbing scene. The place has the perfect ambience, delicious food and great music, especially during the weekends. The courteous staff makes the experience awesome and the place definitely offers value for money. If you are looking for a good place to hang out, Lord of the Drinks should definitely be high on your list.
- T.L.R: It has evolved into one of the most favoured hubs for the Delhites. Opened way back in 2008, it is a one-stop solution for different needs of going to a café, lounge, restaurants, bar or a place to enjoy Indie music acts. Located at Hauz Khas Village, Delhi, the place is famous for its nurturing of the live gig scene from infancy. Its eclectic music coupled with outstanding continental cuisine and relaxed vibes make it a popular choice.
- Piano Man Jazz Club: If you are a jazz enthusiast, this is the place for you. The place is lively with soulful jazz performances. Situated in Safdarjung Enclave, this one-and-only jazz club in the town will leave you mesmerised.
- Summer House Café: A relaxed place with wooden furnishings, the place offers the ultimate experience when it comes to live music. They are known to give a chance to the budding artists along with serving as a podium for those who are already established. The live performances here are always awesome as their picks never go wrong.
- Blue Frog: Situated opposite Qutub Minar, Mehrauli, this club offers a great platform for the new, raw and established to display their talents. The club offers many options for the music lovers. For instance, those who want to go for superb acoustics can go for underground performances. If you want a wild fun filling experience, try their terrace option. The sombre moods can enjoy the blends of the beats in open courtyard performances.
- 6. Cafe 27: Looking for a lovely outdoor terrace with a soulful Sufi performance? Head to Café 27 in Kailash Colony. The place is famous for its Delhi Indie Nights. During the daytime, it is a restaurant, which gets converted to a bar as night falls.
Instead of listening to the recorded version, try to see some of the bands or singers live in these places along with good food, ambience and company. You will definitely enjoy more as live music makes you feel connected to both the music and the artist.